SPECIALIST FIRE RISK AND BUILDING SAFETY CONSULTANT
(HIGH-RISE RESIDENTIAL / HIGH COMPLEX BUILDINGS)
Do you or have you recently worked as a risk assessor lead within Fire, Health & Safety and have experience of high-rise residential, complex, and engineered solutions in buildings?
We have an excellent opportunity to join our professional service team as a Specialist handling our most challenging assignments with high-risk Buildings or complex buildings.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about fire safety in the built environment and love the idea of having challenging assignments across many types of clients and being a key player in an innovative growing consultancy.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU
- We are a leading consultancy who can provide you with high levels of technical support, effective coaching, training, and mentoring to make your aspirations possible
- Ark is an innovative growing company that is recognised as a leader in safety within the built environment
- You will be working amongst a suite of specialist professional consultants and engineers, who are positive and helpful in sharing their wealth of knowledge. They are dedicated multi-skilled safety professional who are very proud to deliver the GOLD Standard
- You will also be a technical mentor to those, who are looking to follow in your footsteps
- A Personal Development Plan (PDP) to further your CPD through training and career development
TO APPLY, WE NEED TO SEE THE FOLLOWING FROM YOU
- Working in a consultancy with a proportional and pragmatic risk approach advantageous
- 10+ years’ experience within the built environment in residential and commercial buildings, that are high-rise or very complex
- 5+ years' experience specifically with fire risk assessments in high-rise residential buildings (HRRBs) is essential
- Experience in updating retrospective fire strategies
- Exceptional problem solving skills to find interim solutions for leading property clients
- Good working knowledge of Approved Document B
- Strong understanding of passive fire safety systems
- Strong understanding of smoke control in complex buildings
- Strong understanding of fire alarm and detection systems in complex buildings
- Good working knowledge of BS 9999 / 9997
QUALIFICATIONS / MEMBERSHIPS:
- Education suitable to be competent to carry out Fire risk assessments on HRRBs
- Member of IFE
- CFPA Diploma or Fire Safety Degree
- Advantageous of any of the following fire risk assessors’ registers Tier 3 IFSM or FRACS or Fire Risk
- Assessors Register (IFE)
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health or higher
- We are offering a competitive salary + package including London waiting between £65,000 and £78,000 per annum (subject to skills, experience and track record)
- The majority of our work is within London and the surrounding area (Must live within commuting distance of London)
- Committed to CPD and able to attend, keep up to date with updates and courses as directed by the company (The company funds courses to increase your certification and knowledge)
Send your CV to our specialist Talent Team by completing the form on this page and we will be in touch within seven days.
If you believe this role isn’t for you, we still want to hear from you. We are always on the hunt of talent and often hiring for various roles that might be more suitable.
Ark is a market leader providing an innovative suite of; Professional Service Solutions, Outsourcing and future-proofed Software and Analytics to mid/major organisations in the UK. With over 500 global and premium brands trusting Ark to deliver smarter Risk, Compliance & Safety.
We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (ED&I) for everyone. All applicants will be treated fairly and without prejudice. No one will receive less favourable treatment or be discriminated irrespective of the following protected characteristics: Age, disability, gender reassignment (and identity), marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex (formerly gender) and sexual orientation.