Senior Fire, Health & Safety Consultant
We are looking for competent, diligent and pragmatic Senior Fire/Health & Safety professionals, looking for a change - they can have the choice of more interesting work with prestigious clients, have the opportunity of furthering their CPD and qualifications and want to work with a knowledgeable, friendly and welcoming team. This role is well rewarded.
Ark is a multi-disciplinary fire, health and safety consultancy and has been growing rapidly due to our position as a thought leader in our industry and the service and quality we deliver.
WHY WORK FOR US
- An attractive package (plus car allowance) and training bursary contract
- New game changing Building Safety software
- Opportunities to mentor others and management progression within Ark
- Progress your career with training and CPD opportunities
- Ark is an innovative growing company that is recognised as a leader in safety within the built environment
- Ark encourage technical and knowledge sharing which is of enormous benefit to the Ark Professional Services Team.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
- Private Healthcare plan.
- 5% matched pension plan.
- 4x salary life cover.
- 25 days holiday with option to increase via salary sacrifice.
- Perkpal - perks and reward program.
- Social events with your colleagues (Summer & Christmas parties, Murder Mystery etc.).
- Training bursary from £1,000 to £2,000 for the first two years of your employment.
- Professional Membership reimbursement.
- All tech provided including laptop, mobile (on generous plan) etc.
- Excellent career development opportunities (fast tracking professional development).
TO APPLY, WE NEED TO SEE THE FOLLOWING FROM YOU
- 5+ years’ risk assessment experience within the built environment in residential and/or commercial buildings
- 5+ years' experience delivering fire risk assessments is essential
- Experience with General Risk Assessments in buildings
- Good working knowledge of Approved Document B
- Good working knowledge of BS 9999 / 9997
- Education suitable to be competent to carry out Fire and Health & Safety risk assessments on seven or more floors
- Must be happy to undertake Fire Risk Assessments and General Risk Assessments at the same time
- Articulate and clear communicators and report writing abilities as well as a comprehensive understanding of current UK regulations
- Must have NEBOSH General Certificate in Health & Safety or equivalent as minimum
- Recognised fire safety memberships e.g. MIFireE, GIFireE, MIFSM or working towards
- Willing to apply for or have registered on any of the following fire risk assessors registers IFSM, FRACS, IFPO or IFE
- Minimum level 4 Fire Safety qualifications such as; CFPA - E Dip or equivalent
- We are offering a competitive package between £55,000 and £65,000 per annum (subject to qualifications, skills, experience, qualities, location and track record).
- A generous training bursary contract offer enabling you to grow professionally and gain qualification.
- Local or national work, your choice.
- Committed to CPD and able to attend, keep up to date with updates and courses as directed by the company (The company funds courses to increase your certification and knowledge).
Send your CV to our specialist Talent Team by completing the form on this page and we will be in touch within seven days.
If you find this role isn’t for you, we still want to hear from you. We are always on the hunt of talent and often hiring for various roles that might be more suitable.
ABOUT ARK WORKPLACE RISK
Ark is a market leader providing an innovative suite of; Professional Service Solutions, Outsourcing and future-proofed Software and Analytics to mid/major organisations in the UK. With over 500 global and premium brands trusting Ark to deliver smarter Risk, Compliance, Safety.
We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (ED&I) for everyone. All applicants will be treated fairly and without prejudice. No one will receive less favourable treatment or be discriminated irrespective of the following protected characteristics: Age, disability, gender reassignment (and identity), marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex (formerly gender) and sexual orientation.