PASSIVE FIRE PROTECTION SURVEYOR
Ark Workplace Risk is a mid-sized company and market leading provider of operational risk, compliance and safety solutions, and work with a prestigious and diverse range of over 500 clients.
We’re looking for a Passive Fire Protection Surveyor who is passionate about delivering fire safety and to the the GOLD Standard within the built environment and enjoys working in a professional family and team of dedicated multi-skilled safety professionals.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU!
- Working with our prestigious clients across a diverse range of properties
- Opportunity to grow and develop your Fire safety consultancy skills
- A wide range of benefits including Private Healthcare plan, 5% matched pension plan, 4x salary life cover, 23 days holiday with option to increase via salary sacrifice, and Perkpal - perks and reward program.
- Social events with your colleagues.
- Professional Membership reimbursement.
- Excellent career development opportunities (fast tracking professional development).
YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO;
As one of our Snr Surveyors at Ark Workplace Risk, you’ll be responsible for undertaking Compartmentation / Fire Stopping Surveys and inspections to Residential, Commercial, and multi-use premises. You'll be responsible for:
- Undertaking Fire Stopping Surveys to a high standard using survey software on site.
- Deliver work and reporting to an exceptional quality standard.
- Support and mentoring less experienced colleagues.
- Meet deadlines and Service Levels
- Reviews of work done by third parties to assure our clients of the effectiveness.
- Checking ‘unseen’ areas such as above suspended ceilings, ceiling tiles or within ducts, for appropriate fire stopping and cavity barriers.
- Material and installation assessment of existing service penetration seals.
- Where escape routes need separation from the main premises through additional compartment construction.
- The length of time doors, walls, floors and ceilings provide smoke and fire resistance capabilities.
- Assessment of any other specific issues relating to the fire compartmentation, such as equipment present and access requirements.
- Commitment for continuing CPD and expanding skills in risk assessment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
Holding at least one or more of the following qualifications is required as a minimum;
- Fire Protection Association (FPA) - Passive Fire protection – Intermediate Course (L3)
- IFE Level 3 Certificate in Passive Fire Protection.
- A NVQ Level 3 Passive Fire Protection Course
- ASFP Foundation Course In Passive Fire Protection Level 3
- You will have extensive experience in fire stopping surveying, preferably in the residential property sector.
- In addition to your qualifications, you will bring strong interpersonal and communication skills and report writing abilities as well as a comprehensive understanding of current UK Building Regulations, and fire safety requirements.
- Ability to use software systems such as BORIS, Bolster, or similar, whilst working on the move would be an advantage.
- You will hold a full, clean driving license and have your own transport.
We are offering a competitive package of circa £50,000 pa (subject to location, skills, experience and track record).
The majority of our work is in and around London, however, the roles have a national remit and you will be required to travel outside of London as work dictates, so you must have the flexibility and willingness to travel as required.
- The role is physically demanding and will require mobility, use of access equipment as well as the ability to access restricted spaces and work at height safely.
- Driving license
Send your CV to our specialist Talent Team by completing the form on this page and we will be in touch within seven days.
ABOUT ARK WORKPLACE RISK
Ark is a market leader providing an innovative suite of; Professional Service Solutions, Outsourcing and future-proofed Software and Analytics to mid/major organisations in the UK. With over 500 global and premium brands trusting Ark to deliver smarter Risk, Compliance, Safety.
We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (ED&I) for everyone. All applicants will be treated fairly and without prejudice. No one will receive less favourable treatment or be discriminated irrespective of the following protected characteristics: Age, disability, gender reassignment (and identity), marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex (formerly gender) and sexual orientation.