PRINCIPAL MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT - FIRE, HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGEMENT
Ark Workplace Risk is the market leading provider of operational risk, compliance and safety solutions, and work with a prestigious and diverse range of over 500 clients.
We are seeking a highly competent and experienced Management Consultant with expertise in fire, health, and safety management to join our team. As a Management Consultant and competent person, you will play a pivotal role in helping our clients navigate and comply with the necessary legislation and policies to assist in achieving a safe and effective organisation.
YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO
- Review and audit of fire, health, and safety management within client organisations, across corporate, business, and site levels. To a bespoke brief or to a specified standard such as HS(G) 65, 45001, and BS 9997
- Identify, develop, and plan, existing safety arrangements, and develop effective strategies to manage risks, compliance and improve overall safety and efficiency.
- Provide expert guidance and consultation to clients on fire, emergency response planning, and health and safety management.
- Collaborate with management teams and develop and assist management teams implementing tailored safety programs, policies, safety management systems, procedures, and training.
- Stay up to date with local, national fire, health, and safety regulations, and assist clients with compliance with applicable laws.
- Conduct safety audits and reviews, analysing data and providing recommendations for improvement or transformation.
- Offer support and guidance during incident investigations, helping clients understand root causes, implementing corrective actions, and preventing future occurrences.
- Provide ongoing training and education to executives and staff members regarding fire prevention, emergency procedures, and health and safety best practices.
- Build strong relationships with clients, acting as a trusted advisor and resource for assisting them towards meeting their fire, health, and safety objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including HR, facilities, and legal departments, to ensure a holistic approach to safety management.
- Operate at board to site level and be capable of developing compelling insightful reports and responding to issues for management and senior executives.
TO APPLY, WE NEED TO SEE THE FOLLOWING FROM YOU
- A bachelor's degree in occupational health and safety, fire science, or a related field. Relevant certifications and training are highly desirable.
- Proven experience working as a Management Consultant or a similar role, with a focus on fire, health, and safety supporting clients in property or in low to medium risk businesses.
- Strong knowledge of fire safety codes, health and safety regulations, and industry best practices.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify potential risks and develop effective solutions.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, capable of building rapport with clients and effectively conveying complex information.
- Highly organised and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in conducting safety audits, risk and compliance reviews, and incident investigations.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Flexibility to travel to client sites as needed.
We are offering a competitive package (subject to location, skills, experience and track record). The role is full-time 8.30 am to 5.30 pm Monday to Friday with hybrid working, meaning you will be required to attend our London office from time to time. You will also be required to attend meetings at client offices.
If you are a proactive problem-solver, passionate about ensuring workplace safety, and possess the necessary expertise in fire, health, and safety regulations, we would love to hear from you. Join our team and help us make a difference in the lives of our clients and their employees!
Send your CV to our specialist Talent Team by completing the form on this page and we will be in touch within seven days.
ABOUT ARK WORKPLACE RISK
Ark is a market leader providing an innovative suite of; Professional Service Solutions, Outsourcing and future-proofed Software and Analytics to mid/major organisations in the UK. With over 500 global and premium brands trusting Ark to deliver smarter Risk, Compliance, Safety.
We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (ED&I) for everyone. All applicants will be treated fairly and without prejudice. No one will receive less favourable treatment or be discriminated irrespective of the following protected characteristics: Age, disability, gender reassignment (and identity), marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex (formerly gender) and sexual orientation.