We’re looking for a Senior Fire Safety and Strategy Consultant who is passionate about fire safety and delivering the GOLD Standard in the built environment and enjoys working in a team of dedicated multi-skilled safety professionals.
- Excellent professional development opportunities including training bursary.
- Working with our prestigious and diverse range of clients in the built environment, including residential and commercial.
- Excellent career development opportunities (fast tracking professional development).
- Opportunity to work on fire strategies for high-rise residential and complex buildings as well as various other fire safety assignments e.g. fire safety management systems as well as a variety of complex fire safety problems to solve.
- A wide range of benefits including Private Healthcare plan, 5% matched pension plan, 4x salary life cover, 25 days holiday with option to increase via salary sacrifice, and Perkpal - perks and reward program.
- Social events with your colleagues.
- Professional Membership reimbursement.
YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO
- Undertake retrospective fire strategies, and complex Type 1,2,3,4 fire risk assessments in complex residential and commercial buildings.
- Reviewing and creating building safety management systems.
- Undertake complex compartmentation surveys and make recommendations.
- Develop a corporate fire safety management system across client portfolios.
- Act as an internal source of expertise for the consultants.
- Support clients with contentious matters including fire brigade interventions.
- Implement fire safety advice and site management systems, audits and reviews.
- Design fire management plans for existing buildings.
- Create fire safety solutions across a range of sites (varying in complexity) within the built environment.
- Work with colleagues across Ark to contribute to new projects and developments – we have an open culture and are always looking to share and expand on our knowledge!
- Monitoring of External Wall/ facade to confirm remedial work is assured.
TO APPLY, WE NEED TO SEE THE FOLLOWING FROM YOU;
- 10+ years experience working as a Fire Safety Consultant in the built environment.
- Extensive experience in undertaking fire specialist work e.g. fire strategies, fire management plans, and complex fire risk assessments in high risk commercial and residential buildings.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent report writing abilities to deliver client reports in accordance with a forensic and pragmatic approach.
- Comprehensive understanding of current UK building regulations e.g. Approved Document B.
- Working knowledge of relevant Approved Documents and relevant Standards including BS9991, BS9999, BS9997, PAS 9980 etc.
- Ongoing dedication to your CPD.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Recognised fire safety memberships e.g. AIFireE or MIFireE.
- EngTech ADVANTAGEOUS.
- Willing to apply for or have registered on any of the following fire risk assessors registers Tier 2 or 3 IFSM, FRACS or IFE fire risk assessors register.
- Fire safety/ fire engineering diploma (Level 4 working towards Level 5).
- We are offering a competitive package from £67,000 to £72,000 pa (subject to location, skills, experience and track record)
- The majority of our work is around London. This role also has a national remit and you will be required to travel outside of London from time to time, so you must have the flexibility and willingness to travel as required.
Send your CV to our specialist Talent Team by completing the form on this page and we will be in touch within seven days.
ABOUT ARK WORKPLACE RISK
Ark is a market leader providing an innovative suite of; Professional Service Solutions, Outsourcing and future-proofed Software and Analytics to mid/major organisations in the UK. With over 500 global and premium brands trusting Ark to deliver smarter Risk, Compliance, Safety.
We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (ED&I) for everyone. All applicants will be treated fairly and without prejudice. No one will receive less favourable treatment or be discriminated irrespective of the following protected characteristics: Age, disability, gender reassignment (and identity), marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex (formerly gender) and sexual orientation.