DIRECTOR/HEAD OF FIRE SAFETY
We are pleased to offer an exciting opportunity to join our professional service team as a Director/Head of Fire Safety. We are looking for a technical leader, who is passionate about further strengthening fire safety capability in the built environment, whilst playing a key role in building and growing our consultancy to become the undisputed number 1 in the built environment.
This role will be leading, managing, and taking accountability for the Fire Safety function. Delivering assignments to clients in over 20,000 properties. Supported by the large team of Fire Safety of consultants and assessors.
If this is you, we are hiring now and very keen to have a conversation with you?
TO APPLY, WE NEED TO SEE THE FOLLOWING FROM YOU
- 5+ years in a technical leader role
- 5+ years working in a consultancy in the UK
- Experience supporting tenders and advising clients using a proportional risk approach
- 10+ years’ experience delivering a wide range of fire specialist consultancy assignments including complex fire risk assessments, retrospective fire strategy, new developments review, fire safety management systems, safety cases, negotiations with fire brigades, complex problem solving in life safety, etc
- 5+ years’ experience managing competence frameworks, training and development of consultants and engineers, and designing templates
- 2+ years providing advice on fire structures including external walls
- Experience of very complex and residential high-rise buildings
- Strong working knowledge of BS9999, 9997, Approved Document B
- Strong understanding of passive fire safety systems
- Strong understanding of smoke control in complex buildings
- Strong understanding of fire alarm and detection systems in complex buildings
- Strong understanding of fire engineered solutions
- Experience in interview and selection of candidates
QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Incorporated engineer
- Education suitable to be competent to carry out Fire risk assessments on HRRBs
- Member of IFE
- CFPA European Advanced Diploma or Fire Safety Degree
- Advantageous of any of the following fire risk assessors’ registers Tier 3 IFSM or FRACS or Fire Risk Assessors Register (IFE)
- CABE advantageous
- Strong work ethic, creative problem solving and interpersonal skills, research and report writing abilities and good knowledge of the regulations
- We are offering a competitive package of up to £110,000 per annum (subject to skills, qualifications and track record)
- This position will mainly be home based with a number of days spent in the London office or on site, however, will require national travel from time to time, so it is essential that the successful incumbent is available and willing to accommodate this.
Send your CV to our specialist Talent Team by completing the form on this page and we will be in touch within seven days.
If you believe this role might not be suitable, we still want to hear from you. We are always on the hunt of talent and often hiring for various roles that might be more suitable.
Ark is a market leader providing an innovative suite of; Professional Service Solutions, Outsourcing and future-proofed Software and Analytics to mid/major organisations in the UK. With over 500 global and premium brands trusting Ark to deliver Risk, Compliance and Safety.
We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (ED&I) for everyone. All applicants will be treated fairly and without prejudice. No one will receive less favourable treatment or be discriminated irrespective of the following protected characteristics: Age, disability, gender reassignment (and identity), marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex (formerly gender) and sexual orientation.