Are you passionate about the built environment, do you love the idea of being part of an innovative growing Company and enjoy working amongst a team of multi-skilled safety professionals who are very proud to deliver the GOLD Standard? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU!
As one of our Freelance Compartmentation Surveyors at Ark Workplace Risk, you’ll be responsible for undertaking Compartmentation Surveys/ Compartmentation Risk Assessments in Residential and Commercial premises. You'll be responsible for:
• Inspection of the condition of existing fire compartments
• Assessing the effectiveness of the sealing of wall/soffit interfaces
• Checking for the presence of damage to existing fire compartmentation lines which may cause reduced effectiveness
• Inspection of any unprotected structural framework and steelwork which may impact the effectiveness of fire compartments
• Materials assessment of dry lined walls whose construction forms part of the fire compartmentation
• Checking ‘unseen’ areas such as above suspended ceilings, ceiling tiles or within ducts, for appropriate fire stopping and cavity barriers
• Material and installation assessment of existing service penetration seals
• Where escape routes need separation from the main premises through additional compartment construction
• The length of time doors, walls, floors and ceilings provide smoke and fire resistance capabilities
• Assessment of any other specific issues relating to the fire compartmentation, such as equipment present and access requirements
TO APPLY, WE NEED TO SEE THE FOLLOWING FROM YOU;
To be successful in one of our Freelance Consultant positions, you will hold relevant qualifications of one or more of the following;
- Building Research Establishment (BRE) - Fire Stopping and Compartmentation Course
- Fire Protection Association (FPA) - Passive Fire protection – Foundation OR Intermediate Course
- Association for Specialist Fire Protection (ASFP) - Foundation in Passive Fire Protection Course
- Any IFSM/IFE Accredited Passive Fire Protection Course
- A NVQ Level 2 / 3 Passive Fire Protection Course or similar – for example Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Associated Industrial Services Occupations (Construction) – Passive Fire Protection (QCF)
We can also look at the following:
- FPA Understanding Fire Stopping/Compartmentation Course plus experience
In addition to your qualifications and extensive experience, you will bring strong interpersonal skills and report writing abilities as well as a comprehensive understanding of current UK regulations.
- We are offering generous day rates based on skills & experience
- The majority of our work is in and around London. These roles also have a national remit and you will be required to travel outside of London from time to time, so you must have the flexibility and willingness to travel as required.
- We would need 12 days availability from you per month!
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?Send your CV to our specialist Talent Team who will be in touch with you within seven days. Even if you are not successful on this occasion or if this role isn’t for you, we would love to keep you up to date with interesting articles and information about us.
Ark Workplace Risk Ltd is committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (ED&I) for everyone. All applicants will be treated fairly and without prejudice. No one will receive less favourable treatment, or be discriminated against. irrespective of the following protected characteristics: Age, disability, gender reassignment (and identity), marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex (formerly gender) and sexual orientation