Ark works with over 500 global brands. Our refreshingly different approach to consulting has given us a reputation for being innovative, resourceful and highly effective in helping put clients in control of their safety and compliance objectives.
Our impressive list of our clients includes investment funds, property management organisations and FTSE 250 listed companies within the Property & Real Estate, Services, Retail and Transport & Logistics and Hospitality & Leisure sectors.
Benefits of Senior Fire Principal Consultant
We have a culture of achievement through shared values and behaviours consistently delivering to client’s expectations and beyond and providing a workplace environment to our employees that provides opportunities and encouragement to grow and a strong sense of ownership and belonging within the company.
We often refer to ourselves as the "Ark family" with everyone having a strong sense of engagement and an interest in our vision and their part as an individual and a team in our future success. The culture is often described as kind, fun, trusted and innovative.
Opportunity for real progression for the successful candidate.
Responsibilities of Senior Fire Principal Consultant
Ark is currently seeking an outstanding, resourceful and accomplished fire safety principal consultant in a part time capacity to work with a diverse and exciting range of clients and projects mainly located in London and with some national travel.
You will be mainly working in London with national travel from time to time, working with a diverse range of clients, providing fire specialist consulting in the built environment.
Will most likely have MIFireE with strong work ethic, creative problem solving and interpersonal skills, research and report writing abilities and good knowledge of the regulations.
- Create Fire Strategy/Risk/Compliance solutions for clients within the built environment and development (offices, shopping centres, retail, business park offices, high rise, residential and property development environment) [Essential] .
- Design fire management plans [Essential]
- Undertake Fire risk assessment, type 1,2,3 and 4 [Essential]
- Design and present fire strategies in line with client requirements and regulatory requirements [Essential]
- Design client programs and execute for preparedness tests for emergencies or safety events, and test them. These may be Blue light, legionella outbreaks, accidents, threats etc [Essential]
- Expert understanding of the framework of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, fire safety (Scotland) regulations 2006 [Essential]
- Separation and compartmentation [Essential]
- Complex buildings fire safety [Essential]
- Residential fire safety [Essential]
- Fire emergency plans [Essential]
- Fire evacuation plans [Essential]
- International interpretation of fire safety. [Advantage]
Requirements of Senior Fire Principal Consultant
·15-25 years’ experience demonstrating successful track record all the above key responsibilities
·BSc in Fire Safety Engineering or Fire Engineering [advantage]
·FIFireE or MIFireE desirable GIFireE as minimum required
·Expert witness experience/Court attendance experience [advantage]
·Enforcement Background [advantage]
·Fire /Emergency planning experience
·Establish programs with clients in support of their overall business fire management
Practical Requirements of Senior Fire Consultant
·Can comfortably deal with multiple deadlines and business prioritisation.
·Ability to attend client sites
·Comfortably can travel moderate short haul minor long haul
·Able to support clients with complex, contentious and critical matters