Ark works with over 500 global brands. Our refreshingly different approach to consulting has given us a reputation for being innovative, resourceful and highly effective in helping put clients in control of their safety and compliance objectives.
Our impressive list of our clients include investment funds, property management organisations and FTSE 250 listed companies within the Property & Real Estate, Services, Retail and Transport & Logistics and Hospitality & Leisure sectors.
Benefits of Lead Health and Safety Consultant
We have a culture of achievement through shared values and behaviours consistently delivering to clients expectations and beyond and providing a workplace environment to our employees that provides opportunities and encouragement to grow and a strong sense of ownership and belonging within the company.
We often refer to ourselves as the "Ark family" with everyone having a strong sense of engagement and an interest in our vision and there part as an individual and a team in our future success.
Responsibilities of Senior Health and Safety consultant
Ark is currently seeking a resourceful and dynamic Senior Consultant to join our expanding team as part of our continued growth, with the desire for expanding your knowledge and growing with us.
You will have a national travel remit, working with a diverse range of clients and undertaking challenging projects and programmes end to end supported by a team.
Ideally with CMIOSH or equivalent with strong leadership, creative problem solving skills and interpersonal skills, research and report writing abilities and good knowledge of regulations.
- Manage client projects and programmes and oversee through to successful delivery
- Provide Competent Person advice
- Prepare and undertake Health and safety management audits
- Design, maintain and improve health and safety management systems
- Undertake complex and critical risk assessments including fire, health and safety and international risk assessments
- Undertake analysis of processes for improvement and better management system design
- Create management systems using a highly configurable digital software enterprise platform
- Develop and implement BS OHSAS18001 and other management systems
- Create, deliver and oversee health and safety management objectives and delivery plans
- Identify and implement client initiatives and new management systems
- Review international regulations and compliance regulations
- Create complex risk and legal registers for UK and international clients
- Emergency preparedness tests for HSE resilience
- Designing management reports and predictive analytics for clients and for internal performance review
- Undertake root cause analysis accident and incident investigations
- Undertake corporate safety assignments for the board
- Design e-permit to work systems
Requirements of Lead Health and Safety Consultant
- Chartered Member of IOSH or equivalent
- Degree level qualified
- Experience of Fire Safety
- NEBOSH Fire certificate or equivalent ADVANTAGE
- Lead auditor
- Highly influential and persuasive
- Commercial savvy
- Flexible and collaborative working attitude
- Excels in a fast-paced high -performance environment
- Forensic and pragmatic approach
- Resilient, resourceful with ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Full UK driving license and willingness to travel across England as required
- Ability to demonstrate an electronic management system
- 10-20 years’ experience
- Looking for progression opportunity to extend strategic management knowledge
- 10 Years providing advice and implementing Health & safety plans and programmes
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to