Ark works with over 500 global brands. Our refreshingly different approach to consulting has given us a reputation for being innovative, resourceful and highly effective in helping put clients in control of their safety and compliance objectives.
Our impressive list of our clients includes investment funds, property management organisations and FTSE 250 listed companies within the Property & Real Estate, Services, Retail and Transport & Logistics and Hospitality & Leisure sectors.
Benefits of Senior Fire, Health and Safety Assessor/Advisor
We have a culture of achievement through shared values and behaviours consistently delivering to client’s expectations and beyond and providing a workplace environment to our employees that provides opportunities and encouragement to grow and a strong sense of ownership and belonging within the company.
We often refer to ourselves as the "Ark family" with everyone having a strong sense of engagement and an interest in our vision and their part as an individual and a team in our future success.
Opportunity for real progression for the successful candidate.
Responsibilities of Senior Fire, Health and Safety Assessor/Advisor
Ark is currently seeking a resourceful and dynamic Senior Risk Assessor/Safety Advisor to join our expanding team as part of our continued growth, with the desire for expanding your knowledge and growing with us.
You will have a national travel remit, working with a diverse range of clients, providing consulting and risk assessments in low to medium risk environments.
Ideally with CMIOSH or equivalent with strong interpersonal skills, report writing abilities and good knowledge of regulations.
- Undertake complex and critical risk assessments including fire, health and safety and site compliance with experience of fire risk assessments in commercial properties
- Prepare and undertake Health and safety management audits
- Maintain and improve Health and Safety site management systems
- Undertake onsite brief -ins and advice on risk assessment improvements
- Provide “Competent Person” advice
Requirements of Senior Fire, Health and Safety Assessor/Advisor
- Degree Level qualified
- NEBOSH Diploma in Health and Safety or Health and Safety related degree or NVQ level 4 or above in Health and Safety with further experience leading to a professional membership qualification (such as IOSH, IIRSM, CIEH)
- Experience of Fire Risk Assessment
- NEBOSH certificate Fire or equivalent ADVANTAGE
- Highly influential and persuasive
- Experience working in the services or property sector ADVANTAGE
- Experience of Fire Risk Assessment in commercial built environment
- Forensic and pragmatic approach
- Resilient, resourceful with ability to work to tight deadlines
- Full UK driving license and willingness to travel across England as required
- Confident, flexible and collaborative working attitude
- Excels in a fast-paced high -performance based environment
- Ability to demonstrate a software management system
- 8-15 years’ experience
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to