Job Ref: AWR/003/SC
Department/Section: Consultancy, Health and Safety Manager
Reporting up to: Operations Director
Start Date: Immediate
Ark works with over 500 global brands. Our refreshingly different approach to consulting and development to solutions put clients in control of their safety.
Clients include investment funds, property management organisations and FTSE 250 listed companies within the Property & Real Estate, Services, Retail and Transport & Logistics and Hospitality & Leisure sectors.
Benefits of working for Ark
We have a culture of achievement through shared values and behaviours consistently delivering to client’s expectations and beyond and providing a workplace environment to our employees that provides opportunities and encouragement to grow and a strong sense of ownership and belonging within the company.
We often refer to ourselves as the "Ark family" with everyone having a strong sense of engagement and an interest in our vision and their part as an individual and a team in our future success.
Ark is currently seeking 2 outstanding, innovative and resourceful lead Consultants to join our expanding team as part of our continued growth.
You will have a national travel remit, working with a diverse and exciting range of clients and projects, in low to medium risk environments.
You will enjoy working in a premium brand consultancy that has a reputation for being innovative, and highly capable of delivering professional services at the forefront of the consulting market for major and global brands.
- Managing Client programmes- risk compliance and safety
- Vision to execution of client programs enabling success through strategic agility, responsive and proactive planning, and disciplined execution of getting everyone aligned to our client’s programs for outstanding results
- People leading selecting great people top to bottom achieving a great capability throughout our client engagements
- Data creating Key objectives, metrics that give the pulse on the clients and our plans people and data to create a transparent open and honest program with visibility and 360° situational and contextual -awareness throughout the engagement
- Process scaling and systemising for corporations for consistency, solving problems, incidence and insuring high client and employee advocacy
- Traction bringing discipline of accountability into the program and organisation making the professional services function great at execution vision to the ground
- Provide Competent Person advice
- Prepare and undertake Health and safety management audits
- Design, maintain and improve health and safety management systems
- Undertake complex and critical risk assessments, health and safety and international risk assessments
- Undertake analysis of processes for improvement and better management system design
- Create management systems using a highly configurable digital software enterprise platform
- Develop and implement BS OHSAS18001 and other management systems
- Create, deliver and oversee health and safety management objectives and delivery plans
- Identify and implement client initiatives and new management systems
- Review international regulations and compliance regulations
- Create complex risk and legal registers for UK and international clients
- Emergency preparedness tests for HSE resilience
- Designing management reports and predictive analytics for clients and for internal performance review
- Undertake root cause analysis accident and incident investigations
- Undertake corporate safety assignments for the board
- Design e-permit to work systems
- Experience of Fire Safety in the built environment
- NEBOSH Diploma in Health and Safety or Health and Safety related degree or NVQ level 4 or above in Health and Safety with further experience leading to a professional membership qualification (such as IOSH, IIRSM, CIEH)
- Experience working in the services or property sector
- Experience of Fire Risk Assessment
- NEBOSH Fire certificate or equivalent ADVANTAGE
- Highly influential and persuasive
- Commercial savvy, strong results orientation
- Consultative, flexible and collaborative working attitude
- Excels in a fast-paced high -performance environment
- Forensic and pragmatic approach
- Resilient, resourceful with ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Strong report writing skills, strong research and interpretation skills
- Full UK driving license and willingness to travel across England as required
- Ability to demonstrate an electronic management system
- 10-20 years’ experience
- Looking for progression and opportunity to extend strategic management knowledge
- Potential to grow into a director role
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to